Sunday, December 26, 2010

Slow "Footed" Defense

It figures when the Jets offense plays well, the defense is awful.  The Jets defense shouldn't have bothered to take the field in the 3rd quarter.  It looked like a game of two hand touch.  I don't think they covered or tackled anyone.  Drew Coleman and Dwight Lowery can't cover my grandmother.  You could say the defense was a foot slow. 

Luckily the Redskins beat the Jaguars, clinching a playoff spot for the Jets.  Jet fans can now relax and not worry about a desperation game against Buffalo to make the playoffs.  I already had them losing if that happened.  That is just how a Jet fan thinks. 

None of it will matter though, if the defense does not improve.  At this point in the season, I do not see how it will.  Rex the defensive genius has done nothing to solve it.  In my opinion, they have no chance of going to the Super Bowl.  Additionally, they better hope to play Kansas City and not Indianapolis in the first round.  Their defense has no chance against Peyton Manning.  I have a feeling, regardless of who they play, it might be a one and done scenario.     

No comments:

Post a Comment