Monday, November 8, 2010

Heart Attack Jets

When the Jets were down by 10 in the fourth quarter against the Lions, I was ready to come on here and totally bash the entire team.  I was shocked that coming off a shut out loss at home to the Packers, the Jets did not come out and dominate the Detroit Lions. It looked like I was watching the same garbage I watched last weekend.  Dropped passes, stupid penalties, wasted time outs, and giving up numerous third down conversions.  I actually wanted to jump out of my window while watching this game. 

How can you lose to the Lions?   I know they are improved, but they are still the Lions.  A team that thinks they are as good as the Jets do, should never ever lose a game to the Lions.    Luckily for the Jets sake, they were able to come back and send the game to overtime, finally winning in the extra session.  They are now tied for first place with the Patriots who lost to the Cleveland Browns.  The Jets will actually now travel to Cleveland next week hoping to have a better outcome than the Patriots did. 

This was one of your typical heart attack Jet games.  Why does every game have to be so excruciating to watch?  All I want is a nice relaxing game.  I want to watch a game like the Giants had in Seattle with them killing them 41-7.   I really can not handle these nail biters.  I feel like I age 20 years watching a Jet game.  I guess I am surprised by this because I bought into all of Rex's hype about how good they were and expected them to be a dominant team. 

They are very far from being a dominant team.  They have shown that they are like most of the other teams in the NFL; a decent team that has received some good breaks in games resulting in a 6-2 record.   They need to step up their level of play though, because if they don't, the lucky breaks will start to go the other way.  If they play this way against Cleveland next week, they will not win the game.   

No comments:

Post a Comment