Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blacked Out

Want to watch the World Series? Want to watch the Jets play the Packers on Sunday? If you are a Cablevision subscriber you can not watch either.  Fox and Cablevision are at odds with one another and ultimately the customer must suffer.  The entire situation sucks.  Those that have Cablevision will be forced to find somewhere else to watch the World Series and the NFL on Fox. 

I will blame Fox for this one.  Cablevision is willing to go to arbitration and attempted to make other deals with Fox, and they constantly refuse.  When a company is not willing to go to arbitration, it proves they are trying to get every possible dollar they can get.  Fox is looking to make  more money because they are not making the money they used to on advertising.  Is is obvious that Fox could care less about the people that are unable to watch their programming.  Nobody really cares about their crap shows, but the NFL and World Series are a big deal.  Additionally, the Yankees not making the World Series really hurt this deal from getting done or at least politicians stepping in and forcing something to get done.   

If it was me, I would just cancel my Cablevision subscription, refuse to pay the cancellation fee, and get another cable company.   Even if Cablevision is not to blame, the fact of the matter is that they are not getting the channel.  There is no chance I am going somewhere else to watch a game.  I want to watch my games on my 52 inch 1080 HD television.  My sports channels are like family members.  You do not mess with them and if you do, I go absolutely crazy.  Luckily, I have RCN and I get every channel I want.  Sucks to have Cablevision.  You can always put on the radio and listen to the games.  It saves you from having to deal with Joe Buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment