Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Not Over

After game one of the Yankees and Texas series, I wrote that the series was over.  I guess I was wrong.  Many felt the same way as I did after seeing Texas blow a 5-0 lead and manager Ron Washington looking like Jerry Manuel as he used 5 pitchers in one inning.  The Yankees looked like the Yankees and Texas looked like they did not belong.  Boy have things changed.  Texas has come back to win the last two games and now the Yankees will depend on AJ Burnett to rescue them.  AJ Burnett and rescue really do not go well together.

What this all goes to show you is I am an ultimate jinx.  I have no luck when it comes to sports.  I root for the Mets, Jets, and Knicks.  Once I wrote an article about the series being over, it was the kiss of death for the Yankees.  My Yankee fans friends all got mad at me for writing it because they all know how terrible my luck is.  In college, I bet on the Yankees to win 3 different games in a playoff series against the Angels, and lost every one. 

Maybe I purposely bet on the Yankees and write articles stating the series is over for a reason.  I know I am a jinx and my hidden agenda is to bet on the Yankees knowing it will cause them to lose.  Am I that disturbed in the head to do something like that?  The answer is yes I am that disturbed.  I hate the Yankees so much that I would bet money on them knowing they would lose because of my bet.  I am actually willing to lose money to see them lose.  My thought process was if they win, I win money, and if they lose, I win by seeing them lose. 

My personal passion is to see the Yankees suffer and their fans to be miserable.  I do not root for New York.  Rooting for New York is for losers.  Life is about making choices and I choose to take in the joy of a Yankee demise.  Unfortunately, this article will probably be a jinx and the Yankees will end up winning the series, but for now I will enjoy their pain.     

No comments:

Post a Comment