Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Was Wrong

I like to think of myself as a real man and as a man I am willing to admit when I am wrong.  I will admit that so far I have been wrong about Ladanian Tomlinson.  I was very critical of the Jets cutting Thomas Jones and signing Tomlinson.  I really thought Tomlinson was done.  He showed nothing to prove he still had game his last few years in San Diego.  He has actually looked like his old self.  Maybe he jumped into the Fountain of Youth.  He has taken over as the starting running back and is leading a lethal running attack.  He even upped his game against the Bills running for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns.  On his second touchdown, he put a Madden-like ankle breaking move on the defender, which was beautiful to watch.  I still refuse to call him LT though, because Lawrence Taylor is the only LT, but I am eating my own words.

After a bad loss in their opener against the Ravens, the Jets are now 3-1.  An even more important number for them is 3-0 in the AFC East.  The news will continue to get better for them with Santonio Holmes coming back off suspension, and Calvin Pace and Darrelle Revis coming back from injury.  All three should be in the line up for Monday nights game against the Minnesota Vikings.  The Jets will be reunited with their old, and I mean old, quarterback.  Yes, Brett Favre will be back in the Meadowlands.  We will all be honored to have his presence with us once again.  Lets hope he "plays like a Jet".  For him, that was not very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment