Friday, September 10, 2010

All Washed Up

The two most overrated college football programs face off against one another Saturday afternoon.  I am speaking of Notre Dame and Michigan.  These two programs get so much hype as big time college football programs, yet have not won a thing the past 15 years.  They have great traditions, but a new generation of college football fans know nothing of it.  Both won their opening game, so the winner will be off to a nice 2-0 start, but I do not see either being a major factor in the National title picture.  It has been a while since either has been involved in that conversation.

I can at least give Notre Dame a pass considering they have standards on who they allow into the school.  You actually need a brain to get into Notre Dame.  Other big time college programs do not have the same standards.  Notre Dame suffers because of their strict academic standards.  Most of the great football talent in America is not exactly the brightest bunch of individuals.  Does the term "dumb jock" ring a bell to people?  The Fighting Irish have not been a big time program since Lou Holz was the coach, and that was 15 years ago.  Their biggest was losing a close game to USC in 2005.  They play a weak schedule and whenever they play a top team, get the shit kicked out of them. 

Here is a cool video- It is a 2010 Notre Dame trailer


I freakin hate Michigan.  A lot of my hatred comes from the fact I live near Professor Thoms, which is a Michigan bar.  I see these loser Michigan alumni in their Wolverine gear, and I just want to kick them all in the face.  Unlike Notre Dame, they have no excuses.  The Michigan alumni might say they have academic standards for football players, but they are lying.  David Terrell and Tyrone Wheatly both attended Michigan.  They have done nothing since 97/98 when they won a national title. Ohio State has made them their bitch.  Their one big victory in a recent bowl game was against Florida in 2008 when Florida had a down season.   New coach Rich Rodriguez has been awful.  They have not been in a bowl game the past two seasons.  That is pathetic considering practically every team in college football makes a bowl game.  Michigan fans refuse to acknowledge their team is not any good.  I guess they have too much "Michigan Pride".  I love seeing the program suffer.  My favorite Michigan moment of recent time was their embarassing loss to Appalachian St.  Who the hell is Appalachian St.?

1 comment:

  1. I love Notre Dame! It is such a great school. Seeing these videos makes me want to get my tailgating canopy back out and flip some hamburgers! Thanks for the blog post!

    ReplyDelete