Saturday, September 18, 2010

Plenty of Seats Available

It was a big week in New York City.  All the females, metro-sexuals, and homosexuals had fashion week.  The Giants opened up their new stadium against the Panthers on Sunday.  The Jets opened their new stadium (same as the Giants) against the Ravens on Monday Night Football.  The Yankees were in Tampa battling the Rays for first place.  Jay Z and Eminem had a two night concert at Yankee Stadium.  There was something else going on too, but it is slipping my mind.  It's something blue and orange.  It's something with a stupid looking man wearing a huge baseball on his head.  Oh yeah, how could I forget, the Mets played the Pirates at Citi Field.

With so many great events occurring, I asked myself, who would go to a Met Pirate game?  The Pirates are even more pathetic than the Mets.  So I turned on SNY and if there were 5,000 people in the stadium, that would be a lot.  Personally, I would not go to a game if someone gave me tickets for free.  I would actually force them to pay me money to go to the game.  This is not good for a franchise already hemorrhaging money.  It is another bad season for the Mets.  They are a boring .500 team and it is difficult to find reasons to watch them anymore.

After a lot of thought,  I came up with several different reasons to go to Citi Field this month:

Stub Hub- Going to a baseball game can be very expensive, but a Met game in September is not.  Tickets for good seats is at an all time low price.

Shake Shack- I live near the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park and it is always packed.  The lines are so long, you would think they are selling sexual acts.  With nobody going to Citi Field, maybe the line for the Shake Shack won't be so long.

Beltran's Right Ear Mole- It's so ugly and freaky to look at, and I am obsessed wtih it.  That thing was in HD before HD even existed.  One day that thing has to fall off, and I want to be there when it happens.  

Mr. Met- one of these days a frustrated fan needs to start beating the crap out of him.  Either that or maybe  one day he will just drop dead.

The Met Family Room- It was the site for the Main Event battle between K-Rod and his girlfriend's dad.  Who knows what will happen in there next. 

Yell profanities at Omar Minaya and Jeff Wilpon in the press box- Both of them are worthless and should be hung upside down from the Citi Field rafters

See the young phenom Jenrry Mejia pitch- Oh wait, he is hurt

See Johan Santana pitch- Oh wait, he is hurt too

See Jose Reyes play- Surprisingly, not hurt

Catch a David Wright overthrown ball while sitting in your cheaply acquired Stub Hub seats on the first baseline.

That is really it.  I am starting to shoot blanks.  In all honesty there is no reason to go to Citi Field and watch that miserable franchise play.  Met fans just to wait for next season.  My guess is, tickets will be very available.

No comments:

Post a Comment