Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bring Back the Celebrations

Here is a video of some of the best touchdown celebrations you will probably never see again.


Celebrations like that are extinct.  The NFL might say they allow celebrations, as long as the players do not use props, but they are not telling the truth. Any time I have seen one, it is a 15 yard penalty.  Additionally, the prop is what makes the celebration better. All celebrations should have some type of prop or gimmick. Give me cell phones, sharpies, golf putts, sit ups, signs, pom poms, marriage proposals to cheerleaders, or any other creative masterpiece players can invent.

The NFL is the No Fun League. What sucks most is Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco are now on the same team. They set the bar for celebrations and their brilliant minds will be prevented from displaying their talents as a tandem. We are being cheated. Scoring a touchdown in the NFL is not easy and players should be able to enjoy it. It makes the game fun and entertaining, but what do I know.

I even came up with my own touchdown celebration.  After I score,  I fall to the ground acting as I am giving birth.  My teammates surround me encouraging me to push.  I continue to push and the ball pops up (as the baby) and my teammate catches it, takes out a scissor to simulate the doctor cutting the umbilical cord.  He then hands me over the ball so I could cradle my baby (the ball).  I think this is a pretty cool, yet somewhat creepy celebration.  It is all about creativity.       

Even a boring sport like soccer has great celebrations.  Check out this one.  


This is one of the best celebrations I have ever seen.  It has become a YouTube sensation.   It had creativity and humor.  I would also like to give them bonus points because the entire team was involved.  That is the type of teamwork we need more of in sports.  It is easy for one person to celebrate, but to choreograph an entire team celebration is extremely impressive.  Maybe T.O or Ochocinco taught it to them?  They were forced to because their own league banned their beautiful art.     

No comments:

Post a Comment