Sunday, September 12, 2010

To Catch, or Not to Catch



How is that not a catch?  My wife and sister-in-law, who both know nothing about football, do not understand how that was not a catch.  Something needs to be done with how they judge whether a ball is caught or not.  Under the NFL rules, the receiver basically has to catch the ball and perform a hand-stand, while maintaining possession of the ball might I add, and then get to their feet (with the ball) to take a bow to the crowd .  Obviously I am exaggerating a bit, but the rules make it very difficult to understand.  You either catch the ball, or drop it, and Calvin Johnson caught that ball.  He caught the ball, fell to the ground and as he was getting up the ball came out from his right hand.  He clearly had a good 5 Mississippi count hold on that ball.  I feel bad for the Lions because they were robbed.  I will also admit that I wanted them to win because 85 people took the Bears in my eliminator pool.  Damn NFL and their stupid rules.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment